Nourishing Nutiva Coconut Oil
Coconut oil has been in the news, described as a superfood with many uses. While there’s plenty of hype, coconut oil is not a cure-all, but a rich plant oil source of moisture that can be used for healthy cooking and natural skincare. Look for Nutiva Organic Coconut Oil- it’s non-GMO, and now on sale for 11.99 per 23 oz jar.
- Personal Care Tips for Coconut Oil: Use coconut oil as a natural skin and hair conditioner, eye makeup remover or deep conditioning hair treatment. Combine coconut oil with coconut sugar and essential oil for an exfoliating, refreshing body scrub.
- Cooking Tips for Coconut Oil: In the kitchen, use coconut oil as a go-to medium heat cooking oil for vegetables and proteins. Serve it as a butter substitute on popcorn and bread. Cook’s tip: a pinch of salt will reduce the coconut flavor in savory recipes. Try this delightful dessert recipe from Nutiva’s website.
Almost Totally Raw Key Lime Pie
- 1 cup Medjool dates
- ½ cup Nutiva Organic Hempseed
- ½ cup pecan halves
- ¼ cup unsweetened shredded dried coconut
- 1 tablespoon Nutiva Organic Coconut Oil
- pinch of sea salt
Ingredients for filling:
- 5 avocados
- ½ cup + 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ¼ cup Nutiva Organic Coconut Oil
- ¼ cup Nutiva Organic Coconut Manna
- 3 packets monk fruit powder
- 2 ½ tablespoons honey
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon chlorella (natural green coloring)