Organic Produce Report: April 15 – April 21
Weekly Fresh Deal (sale price good from 4/17 – 4/23)
California grown organic navel oranges 79¢ per lb, reg. $1.49/lb
Produce Feature: Local Organic Radishes
French breakfast, Easter egg, and red radishes are coming in from local farms! Slice and pickle them overnight in a mixture of vinegar, water, salt and sugar. Spice it up with star anise, black peppercorns, fresh garlic, or red chili flakes.
Weekly Organic Produce Specials
- 1 pint of grape tomatoes $2.49 each
- blood oranges $1.79 lb
- cucumbers $1.79 lb
- English cucumbers 99¢ each
- open pint strawberries $3.99 each
- Navel oranges $1.49 lb
- Braeburn apples $1.49 lb
- zucchini $1.49 lb
- Bosc pears $1.99 lb
Co+op Basics Everyday Low Prices
- GROW bananas 89¢ lb
- Crimini mushrooms $4.49 lb
- garnet yams $1.79 lb
- 1lb baby peeled carrots $1.69 each
- bunched carrots $1.99 each
- WA grown Fuji apples 99¢ lb
Local Produce – a current rundown of local produce
- Organic Antics: Dried mixed wild mushrooms in a jar (wild, so not certified organic).
- Cascadia Mushrooms: Shiitakes, oyster and shiitake kits, dried reishi, petite shiitakes.
- Cedardale Orchard: Gallon, half gallon, and pint cider (not organic).
- Dahlia Depot: Pea shoots, spicy mix microgreens, mild mix microgreens (not certified organic)
- Tops and Bottoms: Dragon mix microgreens, broccoli microgreens, fava shoots.
- Happy Valley: Clover sprouts (not certified).
- Boldly Grown Farm: Purple sprouting broccoli
- Hedlin Family Farm:Pink and red shallots, Savoy cabbage, red and Easter egg radishes, bunched salad turnips, bunched spinach, bok choy, cauliflower.
- Ralph’s Greenhouse: Leeks, parsnips, red and green dandelion greens, purple and green cabbage raab.
- Brownfield: Fuji apples, Pink Lady apples, Granny Smith apples.
- Moondance: Sunflower sprouts.
- Blue Heron: Bagged baby arugula and bagged spicy mix, radishes, bagged kale mix.
- Highwater: Bagged baby kale.
- Rabbit Fields Farm: Bunched Mizuna mustard greens, baby dill, chives, curly and Italian parsley, kale raab, and Collard greens.
- Living Rain: Rhubarb and asparagus.