Organic Produce Report: December 9 – December 15
Weekly Fresh Deal (sale price good from 12/11 – 12/17)
California grown organic cauliflower 79¢/lb, reg. $1.49/lb
Produce Feature: Kohlrabi from Boldly Grown Farm
Also known as German cabbage, Kohlrabi has a taste and texture similar to broccoli stem, but is milder and sweeter. It can be eaten cooked or raw, and works well in soup, roasted, and even shredded and made into fritters. The stems can be sauteed or steamed and eaten as well!
Weekly Organic Produce Specials
- 6oz blueberries $3.49 each
- cucumbers $1.69/lb
- small Hass avocados 99¢ each
- pomegranates $1.99 each
- 1 pint grape tomatoes $2.99 each
- Meyer lemons $4.99/lb
- bunched spinach $2.69 each
- Bosc & D’anjou pears $1.29/lb
- Persian cucumbers $2.19/lb
Co+op Basics Everyday Low Prices
- 3lb bagged onions $2.49
- 1lb bag peeled baby carrots $1.69
- 5lb bagged Russet potatoes $3.49 each
- Crimini mushrooms $4.49/lb
- Garnet yams $1.74
- G.R.O.W. bananas 89¢/lb
- vine ripe tomatoes $2.99/lb
- Roma tomatoes $1.69/lb
- green bell peppers $1.99/lb
Local Produce – a current rundown of local produce
- Organic Antics: Dried mixed wild mushrooms in a jar, Oregon black truffles, Chantrelles, Hedgehog, Matsutake, and Cauliflower mushrooms.
- Cascadia Mushrooms: Shiitakes, shiitake kits, dried reishi, petite shiitakes, and mixed mushrooms.
- Cedardale Farms: Gallon, half gallon, and pint cider (not organic).
- Dahlia Depot: Pea shoots, spicy mix microgreens, mild mix microgreens (not certified organic).
- Tops and Bottoms Farm: Dragon mix microgreens, broccoli microgreens, fava shoots, Napa cabbage microgreens.
- Happy Valley: Clover sprouts (not certified).
- Ralph’s Greenhouse: Bunched orange carrots, green cabbage, juicing carrots, leeks, bulk carrots, parsnips, bulk red and gold beets, and Lacinato kale.
- Moondance Farm: Celery root, Black Futsu squash, purple and white Daikon radish, mini spaghetti squash, Acorn squash, Honeyboat squash, Romanian red garlic.
- Well Fed Farm: Purple cabbage, bunched rainbow carrots, Acorn squash, mini spaghetti squash, Tetsukubota squash.
- Boldly Grown: Savoy cabbage, kohlrabi, Chioggia, Castlefranco, and Treviso radicchio, mixed Daikon radish, black and watermelon radish, Collard greens, baby blue Hubbard squash, baby beets, Delicata squash, Honeyboat squash, Butternut squash.
- Highwater: Purple, Amarosa fingerling, and yellow potatoes, and Yacon root.
- Brownfield Orchards: Honeycrisp, Granny Smith, Fuji, Braeburn, Pink Lady, and Gala apples.
- Hedlin: Green cabbage, stripetti spaghetti squash, red and yellow cippoline onions, shallots, yellow onions.
- Willowrose Bay: Quince
- Bellewood Acres: Evercrisp, Orin, Belle de Boskoop, and Mountain Rose apples, sparkling apple cider, not certified organic.
- Southern Exposure Family Farm: Red and white Sunchokes
- Pioneer Potatoes: Brussels sprout trees (not certified organic)