Organic Produce Report: March 18 – March 24
Weekly Fresh Deal (sale price good from 3/20 – 3/26)
California grown blood oranges $1.49/lb, reg. $2.79/lb
Produce Feature: Obis One Black Garlic
Cooked at low temperature over several weeks, black garlic has an incredibly sweet, savory flavor reminiscent of aged Balsamic vinegar, molasses, and black truffle.
Weekly Organic Produce Specials
- 5lb Russet potatoes $2.69 each
- bulk beets $1.69 lb
- bunched carrots $1.99 each
- 1 pint mixed mini heirloom tomatoes $1.99 each
- Ataulfo mangoes $1.49 each
- cauliflower $1.79 lb
- broccoli $2.49 lb
- Cara Cara navel oranges $1.69 lb
Co+op Basics Everyday Low Prices
- GROW bananas 89¢ lb
- Crimini mushrooms $4.49 lb
- garnet yams $1.79 lb
- 1lb baby peeled carrots $1.69 each
- navel oranges $1.89 lb
- Lacinato kale $1.99 each
- yellow potatoes 99¢ lb
Local Produce – a current rundown of local produce
- Organic Antics: Dried mixed wild mushrooms in a jar (wild, so not certified organic)
- Cascadia Mushrooms: Shiitakes, oyster and shiitake kits, dried reishi, petite shiitakes
- Cedardale Orchard: gallon, half gallon, and pint cider (not organic).
- Dahlia Depot: Pea shoots, spicy mix microgreens, mild mix microgreens (not certified organic)
- Tops and Bottoms: Dragon mix microgreens, broccoli microgreens, fava shoots.
- Happy Valley: Clover sprouts (not certified).
- Boldly Grown Farm: 2lb bagged baby rainbow beets, 2lb bagged carrots, bulk chioggia beets, savoy cabbage.
- Hedlin Family Farm: Pink and red shallots, green cabbage.
- Ralph’s Greenhouse: Leeks and parsnips.
- Brownfield: Gala apples, Fuji apples, Pink Lady apples, Braeburn apples, Granny Smith apples.
- Moondance: Sunflower sprouts