Organic Produce Report: March 23 – March 29
Weekly Fresh Deal (sale price good from 3/25 – 3/31)
Washington grown organic Fuji apples 89¢/lb, reg. $1.29/lb
Mexico grown organic Valencia oranges 79¢/lb, reg. $1.29/lb
Produce Feature: Local Raab
Raab signals the welcome arrival of spring food. Raab is the tender, flowery top of a brassica plant (kale, cabbage, broccoli, mustard) that arrives along with the longer days of spring. Keep the preparation simple and delicious: saute in olive oil, with salt and pepper to taste.
Weekly Organic Produce Specials
- Navel oranges $1.79/lb
- red & yellow bell peppers $3.99/lb
- 1 pint grape tomatoes $2.99 each
- bunched spinach $2.99 each
- celery $1.29/lb
- Meyer lemons $2.29/lb
- lemons $1.99/lb
- 6oz raspberries $4.99 each
- asparagus $2.99/lb
- Granny Smith apples $1.19/lb
- 5lb Russet potatoes $3.49 each
Local Produce – a current rundown of local produce
- Organic Antics: Dried mixed wild mushrooms in a jar
- Cascadia Mushrooms: Shiitake kits, oyster mushroom kits, lion’s mane kits, dried reishi, shiitakes, petite shiitakes, lion’s mane mushrooms, and mixed mushrooms.
- Cedardale Orchard: gallon, half gallon, and pint cider (not organic).
- Dahlia Depot: Pea shoots, spicy mix microgreens, mild mix microgreens (not certified organic).
- Tops and Bottoms: Dragon mix microgreens, broccoli microgreens, red cabbage microgreens, arugula microgreens.
- Happy Valley: Clover sprouts (not certified).
- Ralph’s: Leeks, red and green dandelion, green and red cabbage raab.
- Boldly Grown: Savoy cabbage, mixed Daikon radish, black radish, bagged baby beets, bulk gold beets, Purple Sprouting Broccoli, green and Lacinato kale raab, collard greens raab.
- Hedlin Family Farm: Shallots.
- Bellewood Acres: Sparkling apple cider (not certified organic)
- Southern Exposure Family Farm: Red and white Sunchokes.
- Sauk Farm: Honeycrisp apple cider (16oz bottles)
- Moondance: Sunflower greens