Organic Produce Report: September 17 – September 23
Weekly Fresh Deal (sale price good from 9/19 – 9/25)
Organic young coconuts, grown in Thailand $2.29 each, reg. $4.29 each
Produce Feature: Local Organic Peppers
- Bull’s Horn peppers $2.99 lb
- cucumbers $1.99 lb
- celery 99¢ lb
- bunched broccolette $2.49 each
- OR grown cantaloupe 79¢ lb
- 1lb baby carrots $1.49 each
- Brownfield Gala apples $1.79 lb
- Brownfield Stark Crimson and Bartlett pears $1.99 lb
- 1 pint Shishito peppers from Boldly Grown $3.29 each
- 1 pint Padron peppers from Moondance $3.29 each
- 1lb Thomcord grapes $3.49 each
- 2.5lb bagged Honeycrisp apples from Sauk Farm $6.99 each
Co+op Basics Everyday Low Prices
- red, green, & black seedless grapes $2.49/lb
- 3 lb yellow onions $2.49 each
- Valencia oranges $1.29/lb
- Garnet yams $1.69/lb
- bananas 89¢/lb
- Crimini mushrooms $3.99/lb
Local Produce – a current rundown of local produce
- Sauk Farm: Jupiter grapes and bagged Honeycrisp apples.
- Hunter’s Moon Farm: Blueberries
- Cascadia: Shiitakes, oyster and shiitake kits, dried reishi, petit shiitakes.
- Cedardale: gallon, half gallon, and pint cider.
- Skagit Flats: Red leaf lettuce (back later this week), green leaf lettuce, Romaine, green and yellow zucchini.
- Dahlia Depot: Pea shoots, spicy mix microgreens, mild mix microgreens.
- Happy Valley: Clover sprouts.
- Tops and Bottoms: Dragon mix micro greens, broccoli micro greens, fava bean sprouts.
- First cut: Green Bibb lettuce, sunburst squash, Collard greens, fennel, celery root.
- Crows Farm: Thyme, tarragon, rosemary, oregano, spearmint, sage, basil, artichokes, fennel, Music Porcelain garlic, Persian cucumbers, radicchio, broccoli.
- Highwater Farms: Green onions, bulk red, gold, and Chioggia beets, bunched red and gold beets, curly parsley, Italian parsley, Kilarney red garlic, russet, yellow, red, and purple potatoes, green kale.
- Boldly Grown: Heirloom tomatoes, Roma tomatoes, Delicata squash, red Russian garlic, broccoli, Shishito peppers, Hot Banana peppers, Pascilla peppers, Guajillo peppers, globe eggplant, shallots.
- Lopez Brothers Farm: Raspberries, sugar snap peas, and Chilacayote.
- Blue Heron: Kohlrabi, rainbow chard, Italian and curly parsley, heirloom tomatoes, 5lb bagged carrots, bunched carrots, assorted cherry tomatoes, pickling dill, purslane, bicolor corn, basil, sweet Italian peppers, bagged arugula, bagged spicy mix, bunched spinach, bagged baby spinach, bunched mustard greens, fresh sweet onions, cured yellow, sweet, and red onions, Honeyboat squash, red Kuri squash, Delicata squash, sugar pie pumpkins, green and Carnival Acorn squash, Kabocha squash, blue Kabocha squash, Butternut squash, red and pink bunched radishes later this week.
- Hedlin Family Farm: English cucumbers, salad cucumbers, rainbow chard, bulk Alto beets, cauliflower, red, yellow, orange, yellow, and green bell peppers, Anaheim, Jalapeno, Poblano, and Serrano peppers, striped Romanesco zucchini.
- Moondance Farm: Sunflower sprouts, pickling cucumbers, lemon cucumbers, tomatillos, bunched and bulk purple and white daikon radish, hot Hungarian peppers, Padron peppers, Italian globe eggplant, Bull’s Horn peppers, ground cherries (AKA cape gooseberries), Japanese eggplant, green beans, Dragon’s Tongue beans.
- Ralph’s Greenhouse: Green and purple cabbage, green and red dandelion, bunched rainbow carrots, 15lb bagged rainbow carrots, juice carrots, purple kale, green kale, Lacinato kale, leeks, bunched spinach, parsnips.
- Well Fed Farm: Bulk Scarlet Queen turnips, bunched white Hakurei turnips, bunched Chioggia beets, beefsteak tomatoes, green tomatoes,Acorn squash, mini spaghetti squash, salad mix.
- Brownfield Orchards: Gingergold apples, Gala apples, early Fujis, Honeycrisp apples, Stark Crimson pears, Bartlett pears.
Edible Acres: Assorted eggplant, assorted melons, Italian plums, Seckle pears.
- Nick Young: Assorted melons, not certified organic.
- Sandy Point: Gravenstein apples, Waldron red apples, Pink Pearl apples, and Prima apples coming Thursday, not certified organic.
- Moonbeam Farm: Gravenstein apples, Asian pears, not certified organic.