Festive Organic Cranberry Relish
Visit our Deli To-Go case and you’ll find one of our favorite seasonal offerings: Fresh Organic Cranberry Relish. Handcrafted from three simple ingredients: whole, organic cranberries and oranges and a pinch of sugar, it’s vegan, raw and gluten-free. And serving it with your Thanksgiving turkey is just the beginning…
- Use this uncooked relish as a condiment for your holiday cheese platter: it pairs nicely with the tang of fresh goat cheese, or the buttery, sharp flavors of an aged cheddar such as Westminster Reserve or a soft, raw milk French blue cheese such as Roquefort.
- Add to baked goods, such as scones, muffins, or mixed fruit cobbler.
- Give the “BLT” (bacon-lettuce-tomato) sandwich an extra initial “BLTC” by adding a layer of tangy-sweet cranberry relish.
- Make a salad dressing combining the cranberry relish, an oil of your choice, and fresh mint or parsley. Serve over mixed greens or spinach and add a handful of roasted nuts.
- Add a dollop of the relish to BBQ sauce, meat marinades for poultry, pork, baked white fish, or grilled salmon tacos.
- Enjoy at breakfast, alongside foods like french toast, pancakes, oatmeal, or granola.
- For dessert, allow Cranberry Relish shine when spooned over the Co-op’s organic vanilla ice cream or add a spoon full to infuse whipped cream.
- Boost your smoothie or cocktail with extra vitamin-C and antioxidants.
While they rise to the occasion at Thanksgiving and other celebratory meals, beautiful, vibrant cranberries are a fruit to be thankful for year round.