2021 Board Elections
There are two positions open on the Board of Trustees. Two incumbent Board members and four owner-members are running for these two open positions. The information about all candidates and a ballot are included here.
When you cast your ballot for Board Members, please also vote to approve the changes to our Bylaws. The Board unanimously supports these changes. We strongly feel that these changes will allow us to be more transparent and inclusive, and provide more owner-members with a voice in the Co-op. Please note: if a ballot is returned without a vote either FOR or AGAINST these changes, we will assume that that is a vote FOR.
Below are the full text of the current Bylaws, proposed Bylaws, as well as a document showing the specific changes.
- Current Skagit Valley Food Co-op Bylaws
- Proposed Skagit Valley Food Co-op Bylaws
- Notes on Proposed Bylaw Changes
(click to download and print)
Your Co-op Board of Directors and Staff Representatives
- Tom Theisen, President
- Britta Eschete
- Brad Claypool
- Rob Smith
- Kristen Ekstran
- Casey Schoenberger
- Wayne Rushing, Voting Staff Representative
- Tim Penninger, Non-Voting Staff Representative
- Tony White, General Manager
The Board of Directors typically meets on the second Thursday of each month at 7:45 a.m. via Zoom. Monthly Board meetings are open to all owners of the Co-op. You can attend the monthly meeting on the 2nd Thursday of each month at 7:45 am using this link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/9310775817 Passcode: Coop
View the Approved Board Meeting Minutes for: March 2021.
- Owner/members are welcome to address the board at our meetings at either the beginning or the end of the meeting. While the board encourages member/owner input the board may not be able to add topics raised by owner/members to that day’s agenda. Owner/member comments should address board-related (non-operational) issues and will be recorded in the meeting minutes.
Any owners wishing to have the floor to speak at a Board Meeting are asked to sign up ahead of time by contacting the board. Those who have signed up will have priority in each member-comment period. Contact the Board Directly: board(at)skagitfoodcoop(dot)com
Typical Agenda for Board Meetings:
- Member Input (up to 15 minutes)
- Review Minutes of Previous Meeting
- Old Business
- New Business
- General Manager’s Report
- Staff Representative’s Report
- Other new business
- Member Input