C•SQUARE is our new marketplace of specialty food shops and a farm-to-table restaurant, the Third Street Cafe. We opened our doors in September 2016 to welcome you to a world of food adventure. Stop in and experience real, local food.
- CRUST & CRUMBS | Bakery & Confections
- CUPPA | Espresso Bar
- CURED | Specialty Meats
- CONES | Handmade Ice Cream
- Third Street Cafe | Restaurant & Bar
C•SQUARE is located at 309 S. 3rd St, just a quick stroll through The Co-op’s parking lot.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is C•SQUARE?
C•SQUARE is a collection of cooperatively owned businesses new to the Skagit Valley Food Co-op. There are four specialty retail counters showcasing our signature foods, alongside a restaurant & bar.
- THIRD STREET CAFE | An innovative farm-to-fork menu featuring fresh and seasonal local foods, with a full-service bar pouring house-infused cocktails, fine wines, and local beer, ciders, and kombucha on-tap. Happy Hour is from 4pm-6pm, Monday-Friday, and we serve brunch on Saturdays & Sundays, 9am-4pm.
- CURED: Specialty Meats | An extension of The Co-op’s award-winning handmade sausage program, CURED is our full-scale charcuterie that features the finest selection of specialty meats, fresh pasta, and cheeses.
- CRUST & CRUMBS: Bakery & Confections | The Co-op baked goods you know and love are now made at CRUST & CRUMBS. Our bakery offers a selection of the finest breads, pastries, cookies, and confections, all with the Co-op quality you expect baked right in.
- CUPPA: Coffee & Tea | A new espresso bar serving up the The Co-op’s famous Fair Trade organic coffee, shade-grown and always house-roasted at The Co-op.
- CONES: Handmade Ice Cream & Novelties | CONES scoops up The Co-op’s famous handmade organic ice cream and other frozen novelties like hand-dipped ice cream bars and ice cream cookie sandwiches.
2. Who owns C•SQUARE & Third Street Cafe?
You do! The Skagit Valley Food Co-op is a cooperative owned by over 17,000 households. We are able to expand because of the strong community support we have.
3. When will it be open?
CURED, CRUSTS & CRUMBS, CUPPA, and CONES are open every day, 7am-7pm. Third Street Cafe serves lunch and dinner everyday, with a weekend brunch. Stop in for Happy Hour 4pm-6pm, Monday-Friday.
4. Is The Co-op closing? Is the Co-op moving? Will the Deli close? What will change at The Co-op?
None of the above, in fact! From the customer’s perspective, nothing will change at the Co-op. The Deli will stay the same, except it will serve bread baked fresh daily at CRUST & CRUMBS. The espresso bar, juice bar, smoothie station, and ice cream well will stay the same. Nothing will change in the main grocery store. You will see exciting new products, made at C•SQUARE, for sale at the Co-op. All of the major changes will happen “behind closed doors”, in the kitchen and prep areas. Production areas for sausage and ice cream, as well as The Co-op bakery, will move to C•SQUARE. This will free up some much-needed space in our kitchen, for the Deli to continue preparing hundreds of house-made items!
5. How can I find out more?
The best way to learn more about C•SQUARE is to stop in and experience it for yourself! But while you’re here, you can:
- Visit the C•SQUARE website
- Contact us at community(at)skagitfoodcoop(dot)com
- Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram: @skagitfoodcoop.
Solar panels were installed in April 2016. The Co-op contracted Fire Mountain Solar (located here in Mount Vernon) to install an Itek system on the roof of C•SQUARE. Fire Mountain Solar estimates that 1 KW of solar will generate 910 KWH/year. Our system will generate approximately 16080 KWH of power a year, which is enough to power three residential homes for a year.
• 17.67 KW Itek Solar System (made in Washington)
• 62 Itek Energy 285 watt panels
• 1 Itek Solectria PVI 5200TL String Inverter
• 2 Itek Solectria PVI 6600TL String Inverter
Our estimated electric bill savings for the first year is $1,548. It estimated that the system will have paid for itself in ten years.
Scenes from our Open House
On Saturday, September 10th, we hosted an Open House for C•SQUARE and the Third Street Cafe. Here are a few photos from the day.