The Skagit Valley Food Co-op is a member-owned, not-for-profit, co-operative business with a passion for great food and the community we live in. When seeking new members for our team, we look for individuals who share in these passions. Nothing is as important as giving our customers the best experience possible! This means that we hire people that are:
- Customer service superstars!
- Willing and open to learning every aspect of the natural food business
- Able to take personal responsibility for their work
- Interested in having fun while working hard
What are the best things about working at the Co-op?
- The people! From staff to farmers to owners to shoppers, you’ll share your day with a community of wonderful people.
- Awesome and affordable medical, prescription, dental, vision, and supplementary insurance benefits.
- Generous staff discounts, including shift meals and drinks.
- Fun training programs that help develop new skills and awareness.
- Opportunities to learn more about natural foods and healthy living.
- An atmosphere of appreciation that you’ll enjoy.
- Good feelings about working for a place owned by you and your community rather than a corporation.
- Helping to promote sustainable practices by supporting locally and organically grown food and other healthful products.
Please note: we are going green and would prefer an online application. You can click on any open job to start the application process. If you are unable to apply online you may download our employment application here or pick one up in the Human Resources office, Suite 301 of the Co-op building. Resumes and cover letters are encouraged.
If your skills match the job we are recruiting for, we’ll call you. Due to the volume of applications we receive, we only contact applicants that we are interested in interviewing. Out of respect to the managers and their work load, we ask that you direct your questions to Renee in the Human Resource Department 360-336-5087 extension 138.
How long do you keep applications?
Applications are considered “active” and on file for 3 months. If you have not heard from us within 3 months feel free to re-apply to express your continued interest. If you wish to update your application (new address, new phone number, new available hours, etc.), please let us know.