The Skagit Valley Food Co-op is a member-owned, not-for-profit, co-operative business with a passion for great food and the community we live in. When seeking new members for our team, we look for individuals who share in these passions. Nothing is as important as giving our customers the best experience possible! This means that we hire people that are:
- Customer service superstars!
- Willing and open to learning every aspect of the natural food business
- Able to take personal responsibility for their work
- Interested in having fun while working hard
If you’ve gotten this far, are still reading, and feel that you possess the qualities we are looking for, then please submit an application. Applications can be found online or can be picked up in Human Resources (suite 301, 3rd floor of the Co-op building).
What are the best things about working at the Co-op?
- The people! From staff to farmers to owners to shoppers, you’ll share your day with a community of wonderful people.
- Generous staff discounts, including shift meals and drinks.
- Fun training programs on paid time that help develop new skills and awareness.
- Opportunities to learn more about natural foods and healthy living.
- An atmosphere of appreciation that you’ll enjoy.
- Good feelings about working for a place owned by you and your community rather than a corporation.
- Helping to reduce the strain on the Earth and all of her inhabitants by supporting locally and organically grown food and other healthful products.
What jobs do you have open?
Job postings can be found here on our website. You can also stop by the Co-op and see the job postings on our front doors. At times there will be job openings listed on other websites, such as Craigslist as well.
How do I apply?
To apply for any current job openings, you may download our employment application here. Applications can also be picked up in Human Resources, Suite 301 of the Co-op building. Feel free to include a resume and/or letter of interest along with your application.
Should I call to check up on my application or to speak with the hiring manager?
If your skills match the job we are recruiting for, then we’ll call you. Out of respect to the managers and their work load, we ask that you direct your questions to Renee in the Human Resource Department 360-336-5087 extension 138. Be assured that you will be notified regarding the results of your application or interview.
How long do you keep applications?
We keep applications “active” and on file for 3 months and review them first when jobs become available. If after 3 months you wish to have your application reactivated, please let us know. After a year, if you’d like to be considered for a job, please do re-apply. If you wish to update your application (new address, new phone number, new available hours, etc.), please let us know.