Brew Corner: White Claw Spiked Seltzer
Looking to quench your thirst with something new this summer? Try White Claw Hard Seltzers, made from simple ingredients with no artificial flavors, colors, preservatives or sweeteners. Enjoy these refreshing adult beverages on their own or use them to whip up custom cocktails.
Light and refreshing, White Claw seltzers (5% alcohol by volume) are gluten free, lightly sweetened and made with 100% natural ingredients. The alcohol comes from fermented sugars and cane sugar and real fruit juice are added after fermentation to enhance taste. The seltzer water is sweetened by adding a small amount of cane sugar (less than 1 teaspoon per can) to achieve the balanced taste.
White Claw crafts a clean alcohol base with their proprietary BrewPure™ process. No crystalline fructose, corn syrup, dietary fiber or preservatives are added. Browse our beer and cider aisle to discover these unique hard seltzers. Now on sale for $9.49 per 6 pack or $2.49 per 12 oz can, White Claw Hard Seltzer flavors include:
- Black Cherry Hard Seltzer – this sparkling rush of 100% pure seltzer water, our BrewPure™ alcohol and a hint of juicy black cherry is the perfect combination of pure refreshment and subtle ripe flavor.
- Natural Lime – a tangy citrus treat, this burst of refreshment comes from 100% pure seltzer water, BrewPure™ alcohol and a hint of lime. Perfect for a thirst-quenching, fresh taste and crisp flavor. Add your favorite spirits, or even a pinch of chili pepper for sweet heat.
- Ruby Grapefruit – just a splash of mouth-watering Ruby red grapefruit juice gives a boost to this spiked seltzer. Use it as a base for a festive, fruity punch (read on for the recipe) or enjoy simply over ice.
White Claw Hard Seltzer is quite mixable. Read on for recipe ideas from the Apartment Bartender:
White Claw Black Cherry High Ball
- 4-5 Blackberries
- 2 oz Gin
- 1/2 oz Simple Syrup
- 1/2 oz Lemon Juice
- Black Cherry White Claw Hard Seltzer
Directions: In a cocktail shaker, combine the lemon juice, simple syrup, and 4-5 blackberries. Muddle the ingredients to release the juice from the blackberries.
Pour the gin into the cocktail shaker, and fill the shaker with ice. Shake for 7-10 seconds until chilled. Strain the drink into a Collins glass filled with ice (feel free to double strain the drink with a fine mesh strainer if you don’t want any blackberry pieces in your drink).
Top the drink with the White Claw hard seltzer, and garnish with two blackberries. Enjoy!
Jungle Bird Punch Recipe
Recipe yields 2 quarts. Adapted from www.tastingtable.com
- 3¾ cups Cruzan Black Strap Rum
- 1¾ cups plus 2 tablespoons Campari
- 3¾ cups pineapple juice
- 1¼ cups lime juice
- 1 cup simple syrup
- 3 12 oz. cans White Claw Ruby Grapefruit Hard Seltzer
- 1 orange, sliced
- 1 lime, sliced
Mix the rum, Campari, pineapple and lime juices, and simple syrup together in a large punch bowl. Top with seltzer and serve with the sliced orange and lime.