Stock Up Italian Pantry-style
The Co-op is now offering an amazing deal on Italian pantry staples. Thanks to a great one-time deal, these prices on Campagna Mediterranean Classics products are only available while supplies last. Shelf stable and versatile, adorn your larder with quality imported groceries such as pasta, olive oil, beans, and more:
- Italian Chopped Tomatoes – grown in the San Marzano Valley in the South of Italy, renowned as the best tomato growing region in the world, these hand-picked luscious, red “Roma” tomatoes are peeled, diced and canned in 100% pure tomato juice. Recipe ready, enjoy their rich, robust flavor in soups, casseroles, egg scrambles, and more. .99¢ per 28 oz can.
- Maestri Pastai Artisan Pasta – authentic, hearty dried pasta made from Italian durum wheat semolina, and pressed using bronze plates. Choose from many different styles to enhance your meals, including: Strozzapretti, Torchetti, Tubetti, Fussili, Lasagna, Spaghetti, Pacchini Ondulati, and O’Sole Mio, a flared edge, sun-shaped pasta. 17.6 oz for $2.99.
- Borlotti and Cannelini Beans – add flavor and texture to soups, cold salads, dips, and spreads with these heirloom Italian beans. Cannelini is commonly used in Tuscan White Bean soups and pestos. Try Borlotti beans as a base for a hearty summer vegetable pasta salad or stew. .99¢ per 14 oz. can.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil – with a mild flavor and low acidity this olive oil is a basic and healthy oil with many uses in the kitchen. Use it as a dip for bread, saute vegetables or meat, or use as a base for salad dressings. $8.99 per 1 liter; $24.99 per 3 liter.
- Balsamic Vinegar – this quality balsamic is made from the selected must of white grapes and matured slowly inside small wooden casks of cherry for up to 10 years. An ideal dressing for salads and cooked vegetables, this sweet and tangy vinegar is a great way to add acidity and iron to your dishes. Drizzle over green salads, or fresh mozzarella, herbs, and veggies for a quick Caprese-style salad. $2.99 per 500ml.