The Cheese Whisperer: Lemon Zest
This absolute delight is called Lemon Zest and hails from Long Clawson Dairy in Leicestershire, UK. Lemon Zest is a twist on classic British white Stilton with candied lemon peel and lemon compote.
There’s no shortage of creative things you can do with Lemon Zest cheese. Enjoy it as a dressing for green salad (see recipe below), over a Mediterranean-style pasta salad, for breakfast with fresh fruit and granola, or for dessert with ginger cookies and strawberries.
Pair the tart-sweetness of this cheese with a well balanced Sauvignon Blanc or your favorite Belgian ale. At $9.99 per pound, it’s a steal!
Recipe for Lemon Zest & Greens Salad
This recipe combines the fresh flavors of earthy vegetables, sweet crispy apple and a refreshingly tangy cheese with rich, buttery nuts, and a hint of heat from white pepper.
- 8 oz. Lemon Zest White Stilton cheese
- 1 lb. fresh organic spinach leaves
- 1 organic cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 organic Granny Smith apple, thinly sliced
- 2 handfuls of roasted or candied nuts (walnuts, almonds, hazelnuts, pecans)
- Sea salt and cracked white pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
Combine spinach, cucumber, shallot, apple, and nuts in a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, salt, and pepper, and drizzle over the tossed salad. Finally, crumble the Lemon Zest Stilton and mix gently with salad. Serve with grilled toast.
Posted by Claire