The Cheese Whisperer: Quesadilla with Fresh Samish Bay Cheese & Greens
Celebrate these local, fresh curds by wrapping them up in a flavorful quesadilla. Keep the local theme going by pairing this tasty, quick meal with Washington State’s own Milbrandt Pinot Gris 2009, a crisp dry white wine with a pleasant minerality and smooth finish.
Recipe: Quesadilla with Local Cheese & Greens
- 1 cup cubed organic Samish Bay Queso Fresco or Ladysmith cheese
- 1/2 cup grated organic Samish Bay Mont Blanchard Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup shredded leafy greens: kale, collards, chard or spinach
- 1 (10oz.) package of Sprouted Corn Tortillas
- Olive Oil
Heat large frying pan or cast iron skillet over medium heat. Lightly brush each tortilla with olive oil, then place in pan with oiled side facing down. Add cheese, onions and greens to taste and top with another tortilla. Turn quesadillas when bottom starts to brown and cheese is melted, about 5-10 minutes. Serve with salsa, sour cream, shredded cabbage and fresh sliced avocado. Comforting, simple and satisfying.